Skip to Questions


Useful Tip: Start typing the question or type the keywords you are interested in. If your question hasn't been asked yet an email form will appear.

How do I get free compost and mulch for my garden? I live in Philadelphia.

Last Updated: Aug 11, 2014  |  181 Views

Was this helpful? 0   0


The City of Philadelphia's Fairmount Park Organic Recycling Center is located at 3870 Ford Road, Philadelphia, PA 19131 (215-685-0108). For residential use, city residents may obtain compost, mulch, wood chips and herbivore manure. There is no charge for small amounts of materials (up to a 30 gal. can). Residents who wish to obtain more than the free allotment must purchase the materials (prices are reasonable). For more information, including prices for purchased materials and hours of operation, visit the City of Phildelphia’s web page referenced above.

If yours is a PHS garden, contact Sally McCabe or Eileen Gallagher.

Other Answers / Comments (0)

    More Ways to Ask Questions