I have a friend who will be here in late September and would like to tour gardens in the morning.Where to direct her?
How nice to have a friend who is interested in visiting gardens in the area. For a self-guided walking tour of Center City gardens and green spaces, download our map.
Here a some suggestions for more gardens in the city:
- Bartram's Garden For a sense of history and what Bartram was doing.
- Shofuso Japanese House and Garden, In Fairmount Park. Styled after 16th and 17th century Japanese gardens. The house is the only one of its kind outside Japan.
- Wyck Historic House, Known for its rose garden.
Here are other suggestions for gardens in the Main Line if your friend is driving:
- Chanticleer, A spectacular "pleasure garden." Borders and containers may be at their climax now.
- Jenkins Arboretum & Gardens, Naturalistic landscape using native plants.
These are but a few of the many wonderful gardens in the area. See Greater Philadelphia Gardens for more choices